Skip to main content

minutiae (1)

 



“it’s okay”

“that’s alright”

I find her saying this quite a few times; and I wonder how many times and to how many people she has being saying this all her life. To people who somehow screwed her up.

You know what is ‘depression’?

Naah… not that ‘I’ll die’, hundred pills, sleeplessness, pessimism, hate. Depression is not when you are clearly sad, it’s something that is inside. Sometimes the person is happy, talking, sleeping, loving and still, you know, they don’t seem lively. I don’t know if that is depression but it is surely something next to it.

And she feels that. She feels this thing; ‘being absolutely fine and not okay’. I feel it that she feels this.

You heard about that half empty and half-filled theory? That pessimist sees it as half empty and optimistic sees it a half full. She is that kind of person to whom if I ask this question, she’ll give me a fifteen minutes long lecture on life philosophy and how we are grateful to have a glass and there is something in it. That how wonderful is the idea that it’s never always half empty or half full, it’s refillable.

Yeah, that girl is good at that. But then at times, when she is not in a good mood she’ll be like “just pour the water in the smallest glass and then it will be sooooooooooo much water that it will be full and even flow out, so just stop asking! ”

For me every time we talk casually or deeply; there’s a look in her eyes, the state in her mind that is something I was never sure of and I won’t be ever, I guess. Some 10 years later when I’ll meet her she’ll still look up to me with the same look and I ‘ll not be sure then too. Even though she says a lot to me, sometimes it feels she isn’t telling me anything even when she is telling everything and that scares me.

Because whatever she isn’t telling me, it can be good and it can be bad. I used ‘and’ not ‘or’. It can be good AND it can be bad. To be honest sometime it feels she has this never settling desire to associate her with all the suffering and pain. Every day she smiles she remembers the times she did not or whatever. Her immovable desire to be sad is what bothers me. I think she has read tragedies so often that she even fears to let her life be happy. What does not hurt is not life to her. But I know that what hurts will slowly eat her up. She does not tell me what she feels, but we talk and the little pain she gets from not telling me is what makes her feel she’s living. And I even fear the day she’ll tell me what she feels because that might be the last time I’ll see her before she’ll cut off to be in her pain.

I am myself caught a bit in this ugly situation right now. And I think the time you are sad or upset is not your helpless times but when you don’t even know what to feel exactly because one feeling makes you happy and the other makes you sad, that is pissy.

she does not say anything, i don’t ask her anything and I see, I imagine the day we'll have to see each other for the last  time, for a long time ; We will be left with 'I could have', 'I should have', 'I would have' and all that regrets. I won't say courage; but I feel still I don't have enough 'life' to make her happy or something. And you know what?

love or something, hate or whatever, happiness or anything. These 'something', 'whatever', 'anything’ are what she rarely, clearly tells me and these are some words that hide a whole different ''minutiae'‘.

 

Sincerely 

The 'He' 

                

 

 

 

 

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whelve

Whelve to bury something deep inside; to hide. the 'He'  (once wanted to say)   "I wish I wrote the way I thought; Obsessively, Incessantly, With maddening hunger.                                                              I'd write myself into nervous breakdowns, Manuscripts spiralling out like tentacles into abysmal nothing. And I'd write about you a lot more than I should."   I'd write to the point of  suffocation.  -Benedict Smith,        "l want to be a mystery, yet be known I want to be together, yet alone Is it too much to ask, to be famous yet unknown? To be a wanderer, yet have a home?" -Kara Douglas "they say lavender softens anxiety  and i wonder whether i can plant a garden   so dense in your mind that the knots in your chest unravel  and never tighten aga...

Death cab for cutie

  ( Prerequisite: You might wanna listen to the song first ) . . . Pretty lies, I never thought this light would die; When someday it would make me cry To recall the weight of your words . I'll sit strong, In my castle of dried rose thorns From garden of broken homes Burying flowers i couldn't ever earn. Candlelight, The wax melting burns my thighs, You sit and then paint me skies  Of a life, i never yearned. If heaven and hell decide That they can no longer try, I'll drop the melting candle For a wild forest fire. But here's no-one around me As my soul burns to cries, Will you follow me into the dark? Blood soaked gowns As evil as this mute town Where everyone just looks down To both of my bruising knees.  But you and me, Have felt everything to feel From teardrops to infant dreams And the bits of paper crowns. Sewing down, Your nails turned to earthly brown, From dyeing my dream red gown Into your favourite shade of blue. If heaven and hell decide That this light won...

Ultra-violet

  "I know how people gently push you forward so that you move ahead, and they don't hurt you. But you need shoving, not pushing. And I will do that." “You are all the colors in one, at full brightness.” _Theodore Finch . . .  The most endearing character from any book that Jennifer Niven has written is Theodore Finch. And Theodore Finch says, "We will Graduate from high school soon; we all will leave this city. Don't you wanna know what this city has?" It's soooo natural and neural and genuinely appropriate to question. Sometimes I just want to hang on to these books, these Novels no matter how depressing they may be. And what is depression if it isn't questioning what most people choose to ignore. If it isn't letting yourself question the choices, you are constantly making for yourself while being under the influence of someone else. If it isn't questioning the very thought that God exists, love exists because in my experi...