Skip to main content

2:54




 . . .


I had a breakdown at 2:54 PM.

But long before actually physically having the breakdown I knew I was going to have it.

I knew the signs, I knew the triggers and at some point, I think I knew my biggest trigger is actually “me finding new triggers”.

Like me exploring the cascade waves of the ocean through all the storm and lightning , but I figured as time passed by that the storm has either fallen into a void and now has no sound at all or the constant raging winds that were cold, carrying spikes of frozen tears of rain have pierced my ears to finally make me deaf.

Maybe I am still sailing , exploring the waters for I may have grown a secret liking for a thunderstorm that either went quiet for me and giving up its very nature of being, or chose to make me deaf so that I endure its very nature of being.

Either way, it remains to be the most unfortunate love story no one will know about, except for me.

Either way, it just remains a story.

 I am still exploring for something I believe would solve all my problems, but unintentionally willing to get drawn to things that only trigger those problems. Like a hungry wolf that lurks around with saliva dripping from between its jaws; not tongue, literal jaws ; ready to pounce on, eat out and shred anything , any form of love and any sign of life visible to it .

If I may, I really want you to know that my day started with waking up in a pool of my own blood.  And trust me this time, I literally mean every word of that sentence because that's exactly how I felt waking up in blood-stained sheets . I hopped out of bed abruptly which I regretted doing when I saw my blood dripping through my clothes on the floor.

A perfect pale white floor painted with the red. Irony.

After spending an hour to make my room look less of a murder scene it appeared like, I sank in my bed once again and chose to not get up, not at all.

I laid on my bed for hours, laid through people calling me , through people texting me , through people trying to have their better normal progress in lives. I could really feel time at that moment, and it is one of the best worst things ever. You don’t actually feel your time slowing down , you feel everything else, everyone else fast forwarding to better things while you are trying to catch up; which is even more difficult to do, when you are not trying to catch up at all. Only if there was a bug in this program , that would let me have my time in a non-relative way , but turns out the programming is quite efficient and I don’t get to stop and take rest, so I am being dragged by the parenthesis that encapsulates my time period so that I don’t fall out of the bounds, into ranges I am not supposed to be in.

I am not going to make it gloomier by the details of the trigger of today’s episode because it is not the   “ holding in till you pop open the bottle and the Dom Pérignon splashes out” effect. It’s rather a “ putting the cork in again, shaking it vigorously and trying to predict the splash ” effect. It’s not ‘THE’ effect , it’s ‘A’ effect. It’s not conventional, its piteous. It’s not accidental, it’s intentional walking on a glass field barefoot when you know it’s glass, only because it amuses you.

It’s not a butterfly effect ; it’s determinism.

So, I tried something different this time given the liberty I had, to be my own company, I recorded myself having that breakdown today. Maybe I just wanted to figure out do I really look beautiful when I cry (just kidding)

It started with me fighting the urge to stop recording then and there when I first saw the state of my appearance. It occurred to me then, at that moment, that it was the first time I saw myself since morning, which is a surprise for someone like me who has a small mirror kept beside her all the time to constantly check her scars and blemishes and acne and other sort of impurities which people regard as "human things". Like after every 5 mins. So, for me not seeing myself for pretty good 5-6 hours and then sort of shoving all those “human things” altogether freaked me out.

I was a mess. I stared with crying my heart out and ended with laughing my ass off. The tears and screams were so real while the soft smiles and the shine in my eyes when I laughed was so lively. It totally fascinated me how onerous it was to find out which one was real? Or which one was fake?

Did you see what I did there? It's the questions; it's IN the questions I ask myself!

When I watched it over and over again, I never found the cries or tears or quivering of my lips or shaking of my body heart breaking, it was my smiles. That looked so hurtfully familiar to me ,it broke my heart into glass grains. I haven’t used the word “sad” anywhere except for here because sadness in not what I feel , it’s the inability to feel happiness that irritates me.

So, should you start pretending for the sake of it? Should you take steps back and return to the shore? Did facing your blues and waves and thunderstorm turn out to be a bad decision ? Are you a fool to leave your harbor and go sailing when you can very well see a thunderstorm? A thunderstorm that is meant to stay, and you choose to step into it with eyes wide open. Does that make you more of a fool or more of man?

The boundaries, as usual, are blurred.

But what if you are the one who waited for the storm? What if it wasn’t a choice but a desire all along , long before when you were losing your grounds to droughts and heat so you wished for rains that could bring floods, for storms loud enough to deafen you? What if you are the one who waited to cause it and now since you are the reason for the cause, you feel terrible abandoning a thing you created? What if you waited for heat when your ice age was freezing you to death?  What if after that you have hated heat so much and so long that you find the waves drowning you bearable? What if you are secretly waiting for a land that you know you are going to hate soon too?

What if it’s a cycle of escaping a tragedy by waiting to create a new tragedy, and then waiting again till you find a way to escape it too ?

So let me rephrase it , I waited till 2:54 PM to have a breakdown.

 

 


 . . .

 


“But I'm a fire and I’ll keep your brittle heart warm
If your cascade, ocean wave blues come”

 

_t.s.

 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Whelve

Whelve to bury something deep inside; to hide. the 'He'  (once wanted to say)   "I wish I wrote the way I thought; Obsessively, Incessantly, With maddening hunger.                                                              I'd write myself into nervous breakdowns, Manuscripts spiralling out like tentacles into abysmal nothing. And I'd write about you a lot more than I should."   I'd write to the point of  suffocation.  -Benedict Smith,        "l want to be a mystery, yet be known I want to be together, yet alone Is it too much to ask, to be famous yet unknown? To be a wanderer, yet have a home?" -Kara Douglas "they say lavender softens anxiety  and i wonder whether i can plant a garden   so dense in your mind that the knots in your chest unravel  and never tighten aga...

Death cab for cutie

  ( Prerequisite: You might wanna listen to the song first ) . . . Pretty lies, I never thought this light would die; When someday it would make me cry To recall the weight of your words . I'll sit strong, In my castle of dried rose thorns From garden of broken homes Burying flowers i couldn't ever earn. Candlelight, The wax melting burns my thighs, You sit and then paint me skies  Of a life, i never yearned. If heaven and hell decide That they can no longer try, I'll drop the melting candle For a wild forest fire. But here's no-one around me As my soul burns to cries, Will you follow me into the dark? Blood soaked gowns As evil as this mute town Where everyone just looks down To both of my bruising knees.  But you and me, Have felt everything to feel From teardrops to infant dreams And the bits of paper crowns. Sewing down, Your nails turned to earthly brown, From dyeing my dream red gown Into your favourite shade of blue. If heaven and hell decide That this light won...

Ultra-violet

  "I know how people gently push you forward so that you move ahead, and they don't hurt you. But you need shoving, not pushing. And I will do that." “You are all the colors in one, at full brightness.” _Theodore Finch . . .  The most endearing character from any book that Jennifer Niven has written is Theodore Finch. And Theodore Finch says, "We will Graduate from high school soon; we all will leave this city. Don't you wanna know what this city has?" It's soooo natural and neural and genuinely appropriate to question. Sometimes I just want to hang on to these books, these Novels no matter how depressing they may be. And what is depression if it isn't questioning what most people choose to ignore. If it isn't letting yourself question the choices, you are constantly making for yourself while being under the influence of someone else. If it isn't questioning the very thought that God exists, love exists because in my experi...